Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Life of the Party by Bob Kealing

"Life of the Party, The Remarkable Story of How Brownie Wise Built, and Lost, a Tupperware Party Empire" by Bob Kealing is all about the woman who helped bring the name Tupperware to where it is today.  In an era where woman where not seen as company building material Brownie Wise showed how a woman is smart enough and capable to build a business up.  When it came to how Tupperware Parties were done Brownie was the queen of them.  She made a name for herself in the business world that a lot of men at the time dreamed of and here she was a divorced mom doing it in a time that was taboo.  The way she encouraged others men and woman alike is a great story.  But when it came to her butting heads with the head of Tupperware she lost and which also meant she lost her job.  This book goes into much detail part of it was from Brownie's own son as he was a child and a young adult during her the high days of her career.  This was a very interesting and wonderful book to read, I highly recommend it. 

I was given this book from Blogging From Books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...