Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Drawing Lesson by Mark Crilley

"The Drawing Lesson" by Mark Crilley is a graphic novel that revolves a young being taught how to draw while also teaching you the reader how to draw. Without even trying to draw yet I already love this book.  Why do I say that?  Because of the first section where it talks about how someone can draw what they are looking at is a real artist.  When I was younger I had a lot of people tell me that yes I could draw but mine was just mental tracing not real drawing since I was taking a drawing or an object I could see and enlarge it or minimize.  It was really discouraging so I over time gave up my drawing but now I am starting to get back into it. I picked this book to review as I thought it would be a fun way for me to re-learn some of my skills.  It is such a fun and neat way to learn how to draw by watching and reading the main character David learn to draw.  It is such a well done book that not only I am going to use it but I am going to add it to my 6th grader homeschool books to use this year.  I can't wait to share it with him as he likes to draw and loves graphic novels. I highly recommend this book for kids or adults like me who want a different way to learn how to draw.

I was given this book from Blogging For Books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...