Monday, November 30, 2015

The War Came Home With Him by Catherine Madison

"The War Came Home With Him" by Catherine Madison is not only the author's memoir but also her father's memoir of the Korean War.  This book is set up where you read a chapter about her life then a chapter about her dad.  Her dad was a prisoner of war during the Korean war.  It is a hard book to read because the author does not hide or try to soften what her happened to her dad or even his attitude toward his family when he returned.  Some of the horrific things that her dad wrote about experiencing would make some wonder if they are true but it is what has happened in war and war is not pretty.  Its also not pretty how sometimes families can be treated after their loved one comes back because of what they have experienced.  It is not an easy book but well worth the read.  I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Net Galley and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...