Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Super Mom Myth by Becky Kopitzke


"The Super Mom Myth" by Becky Koptizke is about the myth's of motherhood.  This book was not quite what I thought it was going to be for example perfection mom's and such.  However it was even better than I had imagined.   I really enjoyed how the author brought up things that are actually the side affects of us trying to be a super mom (she calls them villains of motherhood) such as being a grouch and worry.  The author not only tells us details of these villains but also how to get rid or lower our life with them.  If you are not a Christian and are not open to the Bible you will not like this book as the author uses the scripture to back what she is saying.  I appreciate her use of the scriptures and I also appreciate that she doesn't give us much advice on children that are above the age of her children.  That is very nice because if someone has not raised a teenager for example I have hard time taking advice from them about teenagers but I will still listen.  This was a good book on remembering that we need to draw our strength as mothers from God not from others.  I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from Net Galley and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...