Monday, September 29, 2014

Good News For Weary Women by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick


"Good News For Weary Women" by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick is about freeing Christian women from the extra rules we and society add to us that are not in the scripture.   The following is an excerpt from the book just to give you a taste of what its about "I have a daughter, two daughters-in-law,and two granddaughters, and if there is anything I want them to know, it is this:  There is good news for you. You don’t need to learn secret steps, try harder and harder, wear yourself out in an attempt to be beautiful, snag Mr. Perfect, or raise perfect children. You are already welcomed, loved, forgiven, and completely okay. You can laugh and rest and resist all the ways the world lies to you and tells you you’re not good enough. And you can love God because He has already loved you. You can be free to fail, to rest, to love, to be weak, to grow, and to know that everything is already given to you in Him." Most of these type of books say what we are not supposed add rules that above and beyond scripture then they add rules but this author did not do that.

I was very impressed by this book when I requested it I did realize how much I needed it.  The author really helps to remind us women and even men that just cause one thing is good for us we don't need to make it legalistic type of thing.  Also how we have a tendency to add things we see or hear that are not in scripture to our life/beliefs such as karma.  She does not mixes words and even breaks down sacred cows of Christian society and women.  For example like all Christian women have to have a perfectly clean and organized house (come to my home you will not see perfectly clean or organized home its not that I don't try but I work partime, homeschool, and I am a bit of a slob). This book was a perfect book for me at this time in my life as I was starting to fall into the trap of trying to be like other Christian women I know but I know I need to be the woman God made me which is a unique person.  I highly recommend this book for any woman especially women book studies.

I was given this book to review by Tyndale Publishers and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...