Thursday, June 26, 2014

Parenting With Scripture by Kara Durbin


 "Parenting with Scripture" by Kara Durbin is a book that states what it is.  It has a topic and then scriptures that back each topic, a discussion section, a take action section and finally a parenting tip.  An example of the topics is death, crafty (a tricking person), ministry, prejudice, sadness, self-respect, and honesty.  I did enjoy the breakdown of each topic even a dictionary answers.  Question to ask and answer with your family. In the discussion section it does have you read more from scripture.  I do enjoy when scripture is taken out of context for example in the loneliness section the author has verse Luke 5:16 "But He would withdraw to desolate places and pray", well in context this scripture is about Christ seeking refuge and prayer not about loneliness.  I will recommend this book as it does have good uses but to remember to always check the verses in context and make sure that is what the verse is about.  We must keep scripture in context at all time otherwise we are twisting it to our needs and that is not what we should do.

I was given this book from MPNewsroom for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...